How to Keep your Office Space Clean
An employee spends on average 7 to 8 hours a day in the office, equating to more than 1,700 hours a year. Therefore, it is crucial to keep your space clean. Not only will a messy office space reduce productivity, but it can also make you more prone to diseases. Here are some simple ways to maintain a clean working space;
- Storage- Clutter is often the biggest cause for untidiness. Ensuring you have multiple storage options will minimise this clutter, allowing you to work more productively.
- Go paperless- Another way of minimising clutter is by opting for digital alternatives where possible. Not only will this keep your office tidy, it is also friendlier to the environment.
- Disinfect your keyboard and monitor- It is completely normal for high traffic areas such as your keyboard and monitor to become dirty and grimy. It is important to implement regular cleaning habits to not only keep yourself safe, but also prolong the lifespan of your equipment.
- Don’t eat at your desk- Food can be one of the biggest culprits for your keyboard getting dirty. Food crumbs can get stuck between the keys, not only minimising the performance of your keyboard but also affecting your productivity.
- Dust and disinfect surfaces and objects- Working in a dusty environment can be uncomfortable. Implementing a regular dusting routine will help keep your office clean and allow you to work more productively. After removing dust it is also important to disinfect not only surfaces but also objects that may have bacteria or germs on them.